Why Certified Shred?
Shredding your own documents is often more expensive than outsourcing consider the following costs. In most cases, just the per hour cost alone you pay employees to shred will be higher than the cost of outsourcing your shredding.
- Shredder cost and maintenance
- Manpower cost per hour for employees to in-house shred
- Cost of disposal for shredded paper
- Clean up and mess caused by shredder
- Time and cost associated removing staples and bound paper
- Cost of bags for shredded material
With increased litigation and concern over identity theft, many companies are being forced by law to develop strict record management policies to manage their records and documents. Identity theft is a serious crime. People whose identities have been stolen can spend months or years – and hard-earned money – cleaning up the mess thieves have made of their good name and credit record.
The great promise of the Information Age also raises new challenges and opportunities for ensuring effective privacy protections. Identity theft is now dubbed “the fastest growing crime of the century.”
- Identity theft is the fastest-growing crime in the USA . Source: ational Crime Prevention Council
- Companies are 15 times more likely to experience employee theft than customer theft. Source: ADP.com
- 6% of the American adult population is affected by identity theft. 9 million have had their identities stolen. Source: Better Business Bureau
- Utah Law mandates proper disposal of consumer information:
Utah Code Annotated 13-42-201http://www.le.state.ut.us/~2006/bills/sbillenr/sb0069.htm